Sunday, April 14, 2013

Gratitude for 4-14-2013 and Having Access to Healthy Food Choices

Today I am grateful for all the choices I have for what I eat. I can buy foods that are good for me and stay within my budget and I am very grateful for that!!

I currently weight 260( although I think I have lots a couple of pounds but that will be verified tomorrow night when I weigh in at my weekly T.O.P.S. meeting) my doctor wants me to lose 80 pounds. So, I am looking at healthier ways to prepare my food and on eating healthier.

It isn't completely boring and lucky for me, I enjoy all sorts of foods. I don't want to look at this as dieting, I am embracing this as the way I am going to eat for the rest of my life.

Moderation is the key. Moderation means sensible portion sizes, preparing from scratch as much as I can and cutting back on the sweets. I do not crave gorging myself as I have been and that is how I got to being so overweight again. This is my 3rd weight loss rodeo and I want it to be my LAST!!

No comments:

Post a Comment