Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Gratitude for 4-23-2013 and Cherished Friends

I am grateful for the loving friends I have around me and for how they make me feel loved every single day of my life!

Back when I was drinking, I hung out with other alcoholics and it was a very crazy life. They were not nurturing, solid people and neither was I. My life felt empty and I drank to excess trying to fill the voids I could not escape.

Now I have over 5 years of sobriety and have been in psychotherapy long enough to get to the root of what has ailed me for so many years. The friends I have today, the people I am the closest to enrich my life simply by showing up. I have dear friends who have similar interests to mine and they are loving and nurturing people.  I am a novice at crocheting and they applaud my small achievements and encourage me to do more. They love everything I create craft wise and rally behind me to support me in my weight loss journey. I would be very sad, lonely and depressed with out them!


No comments:

Post a Comment