Saturday, April 13, 2013

Gratitude for 4-13-2013 and Relationships

I am grateful for the close friends I have both in person and online.  I am grateful for how far I have come through these relationships and for the lovely people who surround me.


Years ago, when I was in my full board drinking life, the people I hung out with were other irresponsible alcoholics. My life was a mess, I was a mess and I am  so glad that that is but a distant memory. That was the life I knew and I knew no better.

Now, I am still in psychotherapy and am finally putting my past behind me and working hard to better my life today and I find myself surrounded by the nicest and most decent people!!  My therapist told me that if I wanted to get better, I had to get out and actually interact with other people. I had to actually meet people and make in person friends. Well, based on the people I had in my background, I did NOT want to do this; but when she told me that I had to if I wanted to get better I had to do that for me. 

So, I did.

I could not be happier with the results!! I am surrounded by nice, decent and hard working people. A lot of them are creative like I am!! I just love it, I really look forward to yakking with my friends and hanging out with them, it really adds to my life and I am very grateful for each and everyone of them!


No comments:

Post a Comment