Thursday, October 25, 2012

Making a Fun Bracelet with Memory Wire

Hey, Yawl!!

If you get the chance, please check out my shop on Etsy here:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/LandonClaryEason

You can buy the materials to put this bracelet together from my shop.

And I also have a blog about Surviving Overeating:

http://survivingovereating.blogspot.com/

If you want to contact me, please do so AND give me a head's up on here because I get lots of junk mail in my  Spam folder and  don't want to delete you!!

Landon_Eason@yahoo.com

eason.landon.clary@gmail.com

The materials you need for this fun, quick and easy project are:

Memory Wire ( enough loops to make your bracelet)
Beads ( naturally enough to make your bracelet look full)
Jewellery Wire Cutters
Jewellery pliers
A Tray to hold your beads

I use a tray like this:



I think these were stove top covers but I use 2 different sizes and they work out great for me. I like the lip so my beads don't roll off.

Ok, here we go!!


Take your pliers and place one of the ends of your bracelet wire between the 2 prongs of the pliers. Twist the end into a loop so you have this:







Now, the bracelet we are going to put together today is made up of Mixed Turquoise chips:






And the Dark Blue Tiger's Eye 4 mm round beads:



Now, all you need to do is start putting the beads on the bracelet, like this:


 The pattern I am going to follow is this:

2 of the 4 mm blue tiger's Eye beads, then followed by 10 Turquoise chips, then 2 of the 4MM Blue Tiger's Eye and so forth until I have almost come to the other end of the memory wire bracelet.

 This is what my bracelet looks like so far:


See I have a couple of inches of wire left and I like my bracelet as it is.
Next, and this is REALLY IMPORTANT!!!

Make sure that there are NO SPACES between ANY of the beads!!!!

 Believe me, it is a total drag to go ahead and cut the wire and bend it into it's curvey dealie and then to find out that you have to open it up and remeasure.

Ok, you removed all the spaces, right?

This is my picture of me holding the bracelet by the wire I am going to cut down:


See how the memory wire holds it's shape? Enough strength will pull it out of shape, but normal wear and tear for Jewellery will not affect it. I have bracelets I made over a decade ago that are still in perfect shape!



Ok, now I want you to grab your wire cutters and very carefully clip off the excess. I leave about half an inch from the end of the last bead to the tip of the wire.


 Ok, we together on this??
Now cut the excess wire off. Then git your jewellery pliers and make a loop just like you did on the other end when we started to put this bracelet together.

Here is mine and if you ordered a kit from me and you followed the pattern, you should have this:

Sorry if it is kinda dark, I tried to lighten it. This shot shows the true colours best, I think!!






Congratulations!! You now have your new bracelet!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment