Tuesday, October 2, 2012

How to Count Rows and Stitches in Crochet

Hi, Everybody!!!


I want you to look at this picture and look at the little holes in this crocheted piece. Ok, now look for little bars that repeat as well.



The little holes help you count your rows. So, looking at this piece and seeing the holes, see how they are in a row across? Count the holes from top to bottom and you will have the number of rows in your piece.


Confused?


If you have questions or want to contact me, please do so AND give me a head's up on here so I don't accidently delete you from my SPAM folder!!

 Email me, either address will reach me:

 Landon_Eason@yahoo.com
eason.landon.clary@gmail.com


 If you were to count the little bars that repeat themselves, you would multiply that number by 2. Again, counting the little bars from top to bottom. Personally, I find it to be more accurate to count the little holes.

So, in this picture, I have completed 6 rows.


To count stitches, hold your crocheted piece so that you are looking down at the row of V's. Each V represents a stitch.


Get into the habit of counting your stitches, that will be very helpful for lots of patterns of items that you will make.


Also, remember that if you want to join a very nice and helpful Crochet Forum, check out this link:

Crochet Talk


No comments:

Post a Comment