Sunday, September 30, 2012

Say GOODBYE to Crocheted UNEVEN ROWS !!!

I truly enjoy Crocheting, but have been frustrated by the ends of my rows being uneven at times. Some pieces ended up fine, (sorry, couldn't help myself) and others would just not work out.

So, I searched yet again for answers on the Internet and I found the BEST answer for this obnoxious problem!

Eliminate the TURNING CHAIN!!

WHAT?? Eliminate the turning chain??

Yep, that is what I said. Kick that puppy to the curb and crochet without it.

This is where I found this information:

http://www.crochetme.com/forums/p/36356/120946.aspx


And there you also have a delightful website with oodles and oodles of great crocheting information to boot.


Did I try this for myself, you might be asking??

Of course I did!

Here are 2 small towels I made yesterday afternoon, simply ecstatic about my results!!!

Here, check it out for yourself::





I used Peaches and Creme yarns, Yellow and Poppy.

I am simply delighted on how these turned out. Plus, it is a huge relief for me to now know that when I crochet, I don't have to be pulling out stitches because my ends are some times wonky!!

So, you follow the instructions to a "T", but you ELIMINATE the turning chain.

You have to start your new row beginning with the very FIRST sc of your previous row.

Clear as mud??

Look at this picture:




 In the above picture, we have our simple foundation row where I have marked ch 1 and then ch 2 and ch 3. When counting in crochet, we start with the loop that is on the hook and that is our first chain (ch).

Now to get started on our first row of sc (single crochet) we are going to introduce our hook into the loop at ch2.

See how the hook is intoduced to the upper side if you will. When the row is facing you, it looks like little "V"s on the row.

Like in this picture:

Now, in the same picture, we see which is the "upper" part and which is the "lower" part:


So, now I want you to place your hook so it will go into the ch2 and the upper loop of that same chain.

Now, you are going to do your yarn over (yo) which is ALWAYS from BACK to FRONT and pull it through the FIRST loop on your hook. That FIRST loop being the loop that is closest to the TIP of your crochet hook.
Ok, so now you have 2 loops on your crochet hook. So yo again and pull that through both of your loops. That action will get you to having this:

Your first crochet is now complete!!! Yay!!!!!  Now, go ahead and complete your row, but FIRST I want you to MARK the end of that previous row so you can find it when you get to it.

These two pics show the opposite side from where your hook is.

Like this:

Look at this picture also, just in case you need to:





Now, these pictures show the side where your crochet hook is:




I would go ahead and mark that end as well so t is taken care of for when you are crocheting back in that direction.


It is important to mark the ends of the rows even for experienced crocheters, so use whatever you want to mark them. I mark mine, believe me!!

Ok, now you need to practise practise practise!!! I have a stack of kitchen towels I did my practising on.And still do, actually, LOL


Upward and ONWARD!!!

See? The Sky's the LIMIT!!

What do YOU want to create today??


Questions?


If you have questions or want to contact me, please do so AND give me a head's up on here so I don't accidently delete you from my SPAM folder!!

 Email me, either address will reach me:

 Landon_Eason@yahoo.com
eason.landon.clary@gmail.com


Also, remember that if you want to join a very nice and helpful Crochet Forum, check out this link:

Crochet Talk

No comments:

Post a Comment