Friday, September 28, 2012

The Ends of the Crochet Rows are uneven

Or the more you crochet, the wider your piece gets. These are 2 common problems in crocheting for beginners. They are also 2 problems I have had to deal with also.

The one about why the row ends are uneven is one problem I had very little success in finding out what the solution was.


If you have questions or want to contact me, please do so AND give me a head's up on here so I don't accidently delete you from my SPAM folder!!

Landon_Eason@yahoo.com
eason.landon.clary@gmail.com


Your rows will be uneven if you do not place your stitches in the correct places. The last stitch of each and every row has to go in the last stitch of the previous row.

For example, look at this picture I have just taken:


See where the big pins are placed?  They are on the previous row that is right before the row I am working on.

Here are some closeups:

Left side:

And here is the right side:


See how the pin appears to be below the current row?

That is because that is where it belongs. The best time to mark the previous row right after you have crocheted that first stitch of your new row.

This is a big deal, it will make all the difference in your work and how you feel about it!!  I say this because I kept repeating this mistake over and over until I watches a single crochet tutorial and figured out what I was doing wrong. 

Now, onto the next issue:

Rows getting wider as you go. 

Your tension is off, the foundation row is made with one tension, then you've relaxed in making the rest of the rows. 

Sorry but you have to unravel it and start over!!

So, pay attention to your tension from the get go!!



No comments:

Post a Comment